Saturday, March 6, 2010

Unopened letter

Dear Whoever-cares,

I hate this. I hate it when I wish for something and I get it, but I then realise that its not what I need. I hate it when I have to break his heart, I hate it when I have to be the bad one. I hate it when I feel hollow and lonely as I lay down to sleep. I hate it when I get up again, in the middle of the night, after trying so hard to fall asleep. I can't even escape to my dreams, to a state of blissful ignorance, Where will I go now?

He made me so happy, he gave me everything I wanted, he loved me. And yet, why is it that I remember only those words that tore me apart and hurt me? Why can't remember any of the good things? Why don't I feel love any more? Why do I feel like my soul has been sucked out of me and lost, when this is the time I should pull myself together because of all the things I'm expected to do?

Is this a self fulfilling prophecy? Do I really not love him? Will I never find anyone who will love me again? Is that even a reason for me to stay in this?

Why is it that when my heart is so heavy and my eyes are brimming with tears of confusion, I have nobody to tell me it'll be okay? Why do I feel this way? Will I never know what love is? Will I never find it? Is what I felt untrue?

I just want to go away, to some place where no one knows my face, or my name. I want to dissolve into oblivion, and erase the memory of my existence in their thoughts. Take me away.

Take me away tonight.


1 comment:

  1. i share this feelin with u. every single word.. depression at its best.dono what to say... but life sucks at times... time is teh best healer. just hope for the best...

    ReplyDelete